Hiring A Contractor
Hiring a house painting contractor can be tricky. CertaPro Painters provides you with tips for hiring the right painting contractor for the job.
If your Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland, CO home needs a fresh lick of paint to cheer it up and you’re looking for someone to do some exterior painting or interior painting, you’ll want to pick a house painting contractor who you can trust to leave alone in your house while you go to work. Here are 5 basic checks you can do to make sure you get the right person for the job:
1. Deposits – some painters do require deposits upfront. These should always be reasonable and no more than 20% of the total cost, covering the materials needed by your painter to get started. If there’s a large deposit before the paint cans have even been opened, you should ask why – if there are no good reasons, be wary.
2. Affordability – what’s your budget? How can you really know if it’s in the ballpark for what you want? The key here is to find someone who doesn’t charge too little – and doesn’t charge too much. You’ll either get a substandard job, leaving your interior painting a complete mess, or pay for an unscrupulous painter’s next vacation! Ask around for estimates, and see which painters are more concerned about building relationships rather than their bank accounts.
3. Contracts – it’s best to stay away from painters who just look at the job then scribble an estimate on a bit of paper. Where’s your protection? Where’s the legally-binding document that means the house painting contractor has to do the exterior painting job you need exactly as you wanted it? A professional contract lists the job specifications that must be fulfilled, giving you protection from painters who “need more time” (and money…)
4. Insurance – an excellent sign that you’re dealing with a professional and trustworthy painter is proof that they are insured. If anything goes wrong, you’re completely safe, because they have proof of liability insurance. Don’t be afraid to ask for documents – a reputable painter will be only too happy to show you that they’re professionals.
5. Professionalism – a “paycheck painter” is someone who is great if you just want a little painting job done, like a quick touch-up of your garage door. But for a truly big job, like a complete interior painting, they’re not so great. Typically uninsured with little experience, what are you going to do if they mess it up? A professional, experienced painting contractor might cost a little more, but the peace of mind and trustworthiness they bring are worth the extra money.
If you’re looking for a professional, trustworthy house painting contractor, why not choose CertaPro Painters of Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland, CO? We have a proud history of satisfied customers, so you can feel secure knowing that our affordable painting is being done by someone you can trust. We do all painting jobs, including interior painting and exterior painting. Contact us now for a no-risk, free estimate – we’re ready and waiting to help you.